Do not let your fire go out, spark by irreplacable spark. In the hopeless swamps of the not quite, the not yet, and the not at all, do not let the hero in your soul perish and leave only frustration for the life you deserved, but never have been able to reach. The world you desire can be won, it exists, it is real, it is possible, it is yours.

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Music is what feelings sound like.

Having our TV taken away for repairs has given me a great deal of time to listen to music.
I LOVE MUSIC.
I know everyone loves music. But for me every moment, chapter in my life and every emotion Ive felt has a song. My life has a soundtrack.
I have a very eclectic taste in music, there is no particular genre I object to completely. What Ive learnt is that every style has its purpose, and its up to you to explore it and let it in to a part of your life. An example of this, for me, is dance music. I used to despise it, I wrote it off as completely emotionless and repetitive. I have since experienced feelings while listening to good dance music which are beyond description and have a special appreciation for it.

Because Im finding it overwhelming to compile a list of my favourite songs and their meaning to me, I have found quotes about the power of music and why life is incomplete without it.

Without music life would be a mistake. ~Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche


Music was my refuge. I could crawl into the space between the notes and curl my back to loneliness. ~Maya Angelou, Gather Together in My Name


Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent. ~Victor Hugo


If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music. ~Gustav Mahler


Without music life would be a mistake. ~Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche



No comments:

Post a Comment