Do not let your fire go out, spark by irreplacable spark. In the hopeless swamps of the not quite, the not yet, and the not at all, do not let the hero in your soul perish and leave only frustration for the life you deserved, but never have been able to reach. The world you desire can be won, it exists, it is real, it is possible, it is yours.

Thursday, January 21, 2010

When I grow up.


There are a few things I hope for in life... besides the obvious dream job, happy family, nice house etc Ive also developed a few aspirations when it comes to fashion.


Different brands demonstrate reaching certain milestones in life, Vera Wang on your wedding day for example. I hope that one day I have the perfect occasion (not to mention bank balance) to sport a Lanvin high waisted pencil skirt... Maybe even teamed with elbow length gloves, an asymmetrical embroided top, even a fur wrap with a diamond encrusted broch... and then the all important stacked platform heels.


Alber Elbaz’s has been described as being able to speak to women through his clothes like no other designer. Sarah Mower passionately described a recent collection as “...a celebration that, at long last, someone had come up with the insight to make a collection that is about enhancing the quality of women's lives today.” The technical brilliance and structure in his pieces have been described as masterpeces, his use of colour and decorative features such as crystal embroidery, pearls and feathers are unique.


Lanvin is the epitome of Parisian chic. I admit I may not be at the correct stage in my life to suitably portray the image I have idolised, but guess thats the beauty of the fashion world. As you move amongst certain labels in the different chapters in your life and you find new styles that express the moment.


Runway:


Detail:


Spring/Summer 2010 Campaign:

P.s Loving my internet connection at 6am... not loving my boyfriend getting me up at 5:30 to drive him to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment