Do not let your fire go out, spark by irreplacable spark. In the hopeless swamps of the not quite, the not yet, and the not at all, do not let the hero in your soul perish and leave only frustration for the life you deserved, but never have been able to reach. The world you desire can be won, it exists, it is real, it is possible, it is yours.

Monday, July 11, 2011

Day 2

Ok so here are the basics... Went in at 11:30 yesterday morning, took about 6 needles to numb my mouth, shed a few tears.
Got a filling which was relatively painless, then came the hard part.
The pressure he had to apply to my mouth was intense, I started shaking I was so scared and uncomfortable, and dont even ask me about the noises, the banging and cracking makes me shiver just thinking about it. The top one took a lot longer and was much worse pain wise, the bottom one seemed like a breeze in comparison.
Anyways with half my face numb for the rest of the day the pain wasn't too bad, sat in bed drank 2 Up and Go's and watched about 8 episodes of One Tree Hill.
Woke up at about 5:30 and I was suddenly very aware of to enormous hole in the side of my face, Im pretty swollen and in a fair bit of pain but to be completely honest it isn't half as bad as I thought I would be. Just like they say "The anticipation of death is far greater than death itself" Obviously Im not dead, just relating it to pain. I guess there is a silver lining to being an anxious over thinker, every now and again you surprise yourself. Maybe Im not such a wimp after all!
Enough of boring you all with my gross tooth extraction story, hopefully I'll be even more on the mend tomorrow and can enjoy a the rest of my week off work.







No comments:

Post a Comment